Thursday, February 11, 2010

show announcement

I always try to remain philosophical about juried shows and competitions. It is just one person's opinion at one point in time, but it sure does feel good when something you have made gets selected by someone you respect! I just got word that two recent drawings of mine have been selected by Dana Salvo of Clark Gallery, Lincoln, MA to be included in the Concord Art Association's show, Members' Juried II: Photography, Drawing, Crafts, and Graphics. This on the heals of having a painting selected last month by Nina Nielsen for the equivalent show for painting and sculpture. It feels like a touch on the shoulder reassuring me that I am moving in a good direction. This is one of the two selected drawings, I actually like the other one better, but I don't have a photo of it yet.

Abiogenisis, 1, 2010, 6x6, graphite, charcoal, and conte crayon on gessoed panel

Show runs February 13- March 21 at Concord Art Association, 37 Lexington Rd., Concord, MA
opening reception, Thursday, February 18 6-9 p.m.
more information: 978-369-2578
view show online (after opening) at www.concordart.org

No comments:

Post a Comment