Saturday, February 13, 2010

Because it is a little gloomy outside today, I feel like posting this painting I did in the Spring of 2009. it is oil pastel (different than the oil stick or pigment stick I wrote about earlier) on mat board, measures 10x13, and I call it A Place to Rest My Head. The composition is simple and translates immediately as a landscape: green field, blue sky, distinct horizon, but when more fully observed, the layers and luminosity of the oil pastels interject other possibilities. Is that a meadow or a couch? Are those clouds or windows? It is both and more. It is an Idealized space, calm, comfortable, and conducive to day-dreaming. It is A Place to Rest My Head.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joanne, I love this. I feel like I have my own personal artist.

    It would be like if I wanted some music, I could just call someone up and they would play me a song.

    Global village is here.

    ReplyDelete