Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Head of a Man
2012
14x10
oil


Last week I went to a terrific figure painting workshop led by Bob Collins at Post Road Art Center.

After working on a figure study, I started this portrait which I later finished at my studio.

I confess: I love faces, though I don't care a fig about likeness. Solve that one!

This painting is about the lusciousness of oil paint and the dignity of humanity.

I wish the photo had come out a little better. Maybe if you click on it, the texture will show.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome art! Just visited your website; love your abstracts, landscapes, portraits and figures, and 3 D. Go girl!

    And your piece at the Fitchburg Art Museum is awesome. That was my favorite and I didn't k ow it was yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Anne, Thanks!
      It was great to meet you at your opening at the Lunenburg Library. I keep thinking about that one painting....
      See you soon!
      Joanne

      Delete