Tuesday, June 23, 2015




















An Uncertain Geometry
2015
4x4 inches
mixed media:  collage, oil, graphite on paper mounted on board


This is a wee little thing, but it pleases me.

I made it during a totally exhilarating,  sometimes nearly chaotic, workshop at Castle Hill in Truro, Massachusetts.

The class was called Working the Surface and was taught by Bonney Goldstein.

I have long admired her work, and she was great fun to learn from.  A real fireball, she is!

There was a lot of experimentation with materials, and techniques.  For example, I used more collage elements than is usual for me.


1 comment:

  1. I love your painting Joanne! Bonnie's work is great too. I have taken workshops at Castle Hill and will be taking a workshop with Stuart Shils for a day this September.

    ReplyDelete