Friday, October 21, 2011







I am disappointed how this photographed. Maybe I will try again, later.

Anyhow, I just wanted to post a reminder that tomorrow, Saturday Oct 22, 2011, at 7 p.m. is the reception for the Blanche Ames National Juried Art Exhibit at the Ames Mansion, Borderland State Park, North Easton, MA.

There will be live music, food, and champagne, art will be for sale, as well as color catalogs.

If a nighttime soiree isn't your thing, the park is a really lovely place with acres to explore and the mansion is a gorgeous stone structure filled with the original, sumptuous furnishings.

The woman for whom this competition is named, Blanche Ames, had an incredible, full life and a mind I wish I had a fraction of. She was an artist, and inventor, an engineer, a pioneer of woman's rights, a mother, a philanthropist.

Show runs until November 5th.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joanne - good to see your work and how active you are - we met yesterday
    Pat

    ReplyDelete